Friday, March 11, 2011

Another day in Venice


While my husband purchased tickets to Florence, I went to see the glass exhibition at the Palazzo Franchetti, located straight across the Grand Canal from our hotel.
This wonderful exhibition is by Lino Tagliapietra, a maestro from Murano who has worked with glass for over 60 years.

The rooms in the palazzo were of ball-room proportion and complete with intricate parquetry floors and mammoth Murano chandeliers.
I was so overwhelmed with the beauty around me I started to cry!

1. Palazzo Franchetti
2. A piece by Lino
3. We also purchased some pendant drops for our kitchen today! Amber with blue and aqua murrini.

Cheers from Venice,

Jenni

2 comments:

Georgie Field said...

Thats so cool you cried! I read a long time ago about a condition brought on by too much beauty. They said it caused women to faint. Like a neural overload. I will try to find info on it.

Georgie Field said...

You gotta read this...
http://www.suite101.com/content/stendhal-syndrome-the-disease-that-afflicts-art-lovers-a288083
Its great. Affects tourists mostly lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...